Legal and privacy
Privacy and security
No need to disclose personal information
You may browse and access information contained on the Psychoactive Substances Regulatory Authority website without providing personal information.
Information provided when you contact us
Where you voluntarily provide personal information (eg, through online forms or email requests), we will only use your personal information for the purposes for which you gave it to us.
This information will be held by the Ministry of Health. Your information may be shared with, and held by, third-party contractors to the extent necessary for those contractors to provide website hosting and maintenance services. We will not disclose your personal information to other government agencies or other organisations without your consent, unless required by law.
We will hold your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. The Privacy Act 1993 regulates us through the Information Privacy Principles as to how we collect, use, hold, disclose, access, correct, manage and dispose of your personal information. For more information visit the Office of the Privacy Commissioner website.
Viewing or changing your information
To view any personal information held by the Ministry, or if you have any concerns about personal information it may hold and wish to request its correction, please write to:
The Privacy Officer
Ministry of Health
PO Box 5013
Some information is automatically retrieved about your visit, such as:
- your IP address
- the search terms you used
- the pages you accessed on the website and the links you clicked on
- the date and time you visited the website
- the referring website (if any) through which you clicked through to this website
- your operating system (eg, Windows XP, Mac OSX)
- the type of web browser you use (eg, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox)
- other incidental matters such as screen resolution, the release of your installed Flash version and the language setting of your browser.
This information is aggregated and non-personally identifying. No effort is made to identify individual visitors.
Use of statistical information
The statistical information referred to above is used to help improve the psychoactives.health.govt.nz website. The information will be viewable by website administrators and certain other Ministry staff. It may also be shared with other government agencies.
Publication of email addresses on this site should not be taken as deemed consent to receiving unsolicited email. Persons or organisations wishing to send email material to individuals or organisations whose email addresses appear on this website must comply with the requirements of the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007 (Department of Internal Affairs' website).
All those accessing this website who ignore this disclaimer do so at their own risk.
The information available on or through this website is intended to provide general information to the public, and is not intended to address specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity. All reasonable measures have been taken to ensure the quality and accuracy of the information available on this website. If you find any information on this website that you believe may be inaccurate, please send an email to email@example.com
Those accessing this website are advised:
- The Ministry of Health makes no warranty, express or implied, nor assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, correctness, completeness or use of any information that is available on or through this website.
- The information on this website may be changed, deleted, added to, or otherwise amended without notice.
- The Ministry of Health is not responsible for the content of other websites linked to, or referenced from, this website. The Ministry of Health or the Crown neither endorses the information, content, presentation, or accuracy of such other websites, nor makes any warranty, express or implied, regarding these other websites.
- Nothing contained on this website is, or shall be relied on as, a promise or representation by the Crown or the Ministry of Health.
- Any reference to any specific commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacture, or otherwise does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by the Crown or the Ministry of Health.
- Each page on this website must be read in conjunction with this disclaimer and any other disclaimer that forms part of it.
- The Psychoactive Substances Regulatory Authority or the Ministry of Health may change the information on this website at any time in response to new developments or changes in policy. Every care is taken to ensure that information on the site is accurate and up to date, but the Psychoactive Substances Regulatory Authority cannot guarantee that every item of information is completely current or suitable for how you may wish to use it.